These elements are the focal point of most of the sauce is great. A new paint can make the mantel look fresh and renewed, so that will add charm to the atmosphere and will decorate the mantel fireplace. Here are some tips to paint your fireplace mantel.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Paint The Mantel Fireplace
- Removes all items that are on the shelf. Clean the top, including rails or frames. Remove all equipment found near the mantel fireplace, as tools or supports for logs.
- Remove the existing finish. Use sandpaper or paint stripper to remove paint or varnish from the unit. Remove paint from brick ledges with a chemical solvent or brush with wire bristles.
- Covers imperfections or damage with caulk or wood putty. Let dry and sand to a smooth surface. Clean the shelf with a damp cloth before painting.
- Apply a coat of primer on the shelf. The layers should be longer and couples for a better finish to the wood. Start at the top of the ledge and work down the sides. This will provide a paintable surface on mantel fireplace.
- Paint the shelf with oil-based paint of good quality. Depending on your preferences, apply more than one coat to achieve the appearance desired.